Implications for health and wellness marketing: 18 trends for 2018
WELL + GOOD released their top 18 health and wellness trends of 2018, chock-full of binge-worthy products and life hacks—from inflammation fighters to skin-barrier products, luxurious self-care activities to healthy pet food, brain-boosters and more. As health & wellness marketing experts, it’s crucial to leverage these trends to amplify and solidify your relevancy.
But the context can’t be ignored. Health and wellness is huge. To the tune of $3.7 trillion dollars huge. Today’s proactive wellness culture spans multiple categories beyond traditional health, beauty and fitness – diet, the ebb and flow of energy, sleep and rest, activity and exercise, mindfulness and emotional outlook, mental health, social engagement, and work-life balance (Hartman Group, 2017). As a result, they should be on every marketer’s radar screen.
As people worldwide continue to embrace and take control of their own health and wellness, these trends will continue to expand. Brands that ultimately win will be those whose efforts go below the surface, through wellness marketing that helps the greatest number of people to live balanced lives in body, mind and spirit.
Teasing Out The Value Of The List
But back to WELL + GOOD’S list. All health and wellness marketing professionals should find insight in these top 18 trends, as they just might:
1. Add some dimension to real people (your prospects and customers) beyond their personas
2. Help you engage with your audiences in a more meaningful way by shedding light on how your consumer is approaching his/her own health and wellness, and making decisions based on a new set of value-based qualities
3. Inspire new thinking surrounding “parallel world” practices that you can adapt and use to your competitive advantage
4. Provide a glimpse into the exciting future of health and wellness
5. Provoke you to think seriously about the effectiveness of your brand as a tool of transformation – which all of the brand examples in this list deliver
Context Of The Larger Health & Wellness Market
It’s also interesting to check back to see how these health and wellness marketing trends fit within the context of the global market. And when we look at the health and wellness economy from a global perspective, it’s clear how the trends for 2018 clearly align with the top five segments of the overall health and wellness market:
1. Beauty & Anti-Aging
2. Healthy Eating & Nutrition
3. Fitness & Mind-Body
4. Wellness Tourism
5. Preventative & Personalized Medicine
Are you ready for the New Year? Stay at the peak of your trend game with a little help from Well + Good — and embrace some extra brand momentum from Trajectory.